FLAT FEET / PRONATION: SOLUTION FOOT SCIENTIFIC TYPE 1 INSOLES
Flatfoot, or more commonly known as Flat Feet, is the most common condition associated with bottom arch pain.
Pronation is the natural movement of your foot while walking. The movement includes your ankle, heel, and arch and distributes the weight evenly throughout your foot. Your ankle naturally rolls inward momentarily to account for the shift of weight during movement.
Overpronation is what happens when the ankle rolls too far inward on a regular basis and forces the inside of your foot to handle the weight. Over time this causes your arch to flatten, your tendons to loosen, your joints to become instable, and your ankles to lean inward. This leads to the condition known as Flatfoot / Flat Feet.
WHAT CAUSES FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
- Walking abnormally
- Overuse or excessive use
- Posterior tibial tendon tear
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
- Ankles turning inward
- Pain in the arch of the foot
- Foot and knee pain
- Flat feet
- Collapsed Arch
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Hammer Toe
HOW IS FLATFOOT / PRONATION DIAGNOSED?
- Check the soles of your used running and walking shoes. If the inside of the soles are more worn than the rest of the sole you overpronate.
- Knee and hip pain
WHAT CAN I DO FROM HOME FOR FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
- Wear shoes with firm arch support
- Wear orthotics that support your arch
WHAT TREATMENTS CAN I DO FROM HOME FOR FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
- Wear shoes with firm arch support to help your foot increase it's arch height over time
- Do exercises that strengthen the muscles in your foot
- Wear orthotics (arch support inserts) that support your arch and assist in stretching the arch muscles over time
WHEN SHOULD I SEE A DOCTOR FOR FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
You should see a doctor if you suspect you have Pronation or if your joints become unstable. Your doctor or podiatrist can help you find the right treatment for Pronation.
TREATMENTS YOUR DOCTOR MAY RECOMMEND FOR FLATFOOT / PRONATION?
- Orthotics to correct your stance, and help reduce or eliminate your pain, and avoid rolling your ankle.
- Get your Type 1 Foot Scientific Insoles at www.jghrehab.ca for only $129.00